Friday, September 29, 2006

Kahwin

This week is certainly one heck of a character building week. God must really want to test my patience since I've always been seeking His guidance for patience. "Ask and you shall receive." I've never thought that this "test" would hit me like a truck.

As I've mentioned earlier, it started with the computer server. Then, it was the business management, staff issues and now this??? Alright, I really do not need THIS! In case you guys out there are looking dumbfounded on what the hell I'm talking about, it's the topic on marriage.

I knew this topic of me not beeing married is going to creep up sometime but I was expecting it from my immediate family or at least from my closest buddies. Not some ex-colleagues that I've not seen or kept in touch for like 6 years or so. This was really unexpected and to a certain extend, I felt that my privacy was invaded by these people.

It all started this morning amidst the chaos of phones ringing and trying to get urgent emails sent out from a semi-comatose server. I happened to receive a call from an ex-colleague which I've not seen or spoken for quite some time. Mind you, I've changed 4 different companies since we were last working together. Anyway, after exchanging "hello"s and updating each other, she asked,

"So, are you married?"

Naturally, I replied, "Nope." Like I usually do.

Then, it came... "Well, actually so and so from the accounts department was asking, when are you getting married?"and "So and so from this and that department was also asking when can they receive your wedding invitation?"

It turned out that this call was actually made specifically because the entire office was asking when I was going to get married! I was dumb founded for a while...And I kept on thinking why should anyone who has not seen me for 3/4 of a decade is pushing me to get married? I'm not sure whether it is just human nature to be kay po, or is it such a heinous crime that one should be thrown into fiery pits of fire from hell because he/she is not married?

I have no objections or anything against the sanctity of marriage. But, I believe that one should marry when he/ she is truly ready and commited to each other. At this moment, I'm not sure whether I am ready for this type of commitment. Pets and plants? Yes. But marriage??? That is such a BIG word! I do admit that I may have some commitment issues, but can you blame a person who has had past relationships that were traumatic enough to scar a person for life? At this moment, I am quite contented to be single. In fact, I kinda enjoy it. Lotsa people think that I'm wierd because I chose to be single for the moment. But again, is it a crime?

It seems like at my age, everyone is expecting me to be hitched or at least be a "serial dater." Come on!!! I mean, I've not reached the stage where people are so desperate that they would have to join reality shows that features 20 guys wooing 1 girl. That's what you call desperate!!!

To be honest, I do enjoy going out dating once in a while. It's sort of like making up for lost time during my teenage years since I was put in an all boys school and my parents were super strict about dating policies (that means no gf's when you are in school). But at this moment, I would like it to remain as just that.

So, to those of you who's thinking about asking me THAT question again? Don't bother cause I may just give out your number to a dating agency and let you have a feel what it's like to be in the broiler, OK??? Blek!!!

Alright, I've got work to do. Shoo!!! shoo!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehhh... when r u getting married ah XD

*lari kuat kuat*

ginseng4desoul said...

Grrr...*kejar Oli kuat kuat!!!*

Peanut Kong said...

yo! I can relate to that. I can sooo relate to that! I think we should form a singles club as in a singles club against people who wants to make you get married or an anonymous group i.e. Singles against Marriage Crazy People (as oppose to Moms against Drunk Drivers)! Gggrrr ...

As you can see, I am catching up on your blogs!!! Hahahaha

ginseng4desoul said...

Leanne: Totally agree!!! Let's start the secret society. Wuahahahahaha!!! **Lightning and thunder**