Monday, September 18, 2006

Good news or bad news?

We've been thrown into a world of chaos since we have this new agency in our portfolio. The biggest headache is of course, manpower lah! While we have no choice but to multi-task, I've the priviledge to do everyone's work (sigh!!!) & to look for a suitable candidate to sit in the much needed customer service position.

Come interview day, you'll see all sorts of people. People with super degrees and demanding salary higher than mine (makes me wanna whack their silly heads with they resume..toink!!!), people who have no idea what is a customer service (toink...toink again!!!!). To make things short, I've met up with the entire Barnum & Bailey's Circus lah! Then, came in this petite lady. Shy looking, but determined. After 30 minutes talking to her, I think I've found the right candidate.

So, here she comes in starting her training (thought that 3 weeks should be ok lah, since the office is so chaotic). I was pleasantly surprised to see that she picked up every single job effortlessly. She take notes and actually asked (compared to those bodoh sombong's that I've encountered in the past) whenever she wasn't sure. I give her A plus ler!!!!

She's so perfect (in terms of job ler... what are you ppl thinking of???). In fact, too perfect. She never did a single mistake since she came in. Call me a cynic but I've never seen someone like her before! Even Bree Van Dekamp makes mistakes, ok!!!! Loads of it some more! What I'm actually worried here is two things. That she may get big headed when she knows her job too well and secondly, she could use it against the company by trying to demand for the sky. I'm sure whoever is reading this at this point must be thinking that I am some jealous "has been" who just cannot stand to see fresh blood. But I'm really worried coz I've encountered numerous genuinely good staffs who ends up being liabilities because they used their expertise against the company when they can't get what they demanded. I do believe in rewarding good staff, but there are also limits on how much one can afford to reward. Sad thing here is, most staff would not understand that part.

Perhaps I am just being over recting. Maybe she's really good and do not have any hidden agenda. So, just enjoy her welcoming assistance and give yourself a breather lah Ginseng boi. Maybe she will make a silly mistake soon... happy Monday everyone!!!

Bodoh sombong = idiots who think they are smart.

No comments: