Monday, September 25, 2006

One wedding and four stomachs

I'm back from Ipoh AND I survived!!! Nyeh, nyeh, nyeh......XD

The wedding reception was simple and... um, typical Chinese lah. Well, not so typical Chinese in the sense that we were already stuffing our fat little faces with chunks of roast piglet, then only the Bride and Groom made their grand entrance. The bride was late this time, Wuakakakakaka!!! The food couldn't wait and we happily ate first. We were already well into our 2nd dish when they did the "walk down the isle" (wedding march song at the background).

The dishes were generally much better than KL for the price they paid. I have to say that my Aunt did an excellent choice for the dishes, 5 season cold dish (with scallops, prawns and loads of different types of seafood, yummy!!!), roast piglet, steamed giant white pomfret, fried jumbo prawns, ginger chicken with rice wine, a wonderful platter of vegetable medley, fried rice and lin chee kan (with loads of lin chee, OK!!!) and Chinese pastries. They decided to forego sharks fins cause it's cruel and not worth the money **Thumbs up**. Too bad I don't have a digicam. Otherwise, I would have taken the pics of all the dishes. Hehehe.

Well, the big " when izzit your turn, ah?" question had to be asked by the entire people on my table (Gosh! The opponent size seems to get bigger every year. **sweat**) However, I think I did a good job and tai chi-ed the question pretty well lah. Lucky thing I still have quite a number of unmarried cousins (much older than me) that I can still run and hide for cover. AHAKS!

Apart from the wedding banquet, Ipoh was generally a big makansutra for me and my family. We arrived pretty early in Ipoh, around 10am. Upon arrival, my Aunt was already stuffing us with Ipoh hor fun, poh piah (2 types summore!), fried noodles, curry chicken, our famous family achar, lobak and God knows what lah! That was only breakfast, mind you!

We wobbled over to the car 2 hours later to go out for lunch. Famous ngou lam meen (beef soup noodles)!!! Ayo! So damn full man! On the way back, we had to stop over in Menglembu to to the kacang puteh factory to load the car with enough kacang puteh to feed the entire universe. Cheap, fresh and good wor! Can taste before you buy summore. Apparently, all the kacang puteh we buy on the street comes from this little sleepy hollow part in Ipoh. Facinating! I would definitely come back for more. Next stop, to the pomelo shop in downtown since mom wanted to get one or two. We ended up with 15!!! Sigh... women + shopping = beli lori!

Anyway, the eating part continued all night long even after the wedding dinner (yes, we were still eating at home after the dinner, coupled with booze). Slept for like 3 hours and repeated the eating frenzy in the morning. After gaining several tonnes, my Aunt gave a nod of approval and allowed us to roll ourselves into whatever space was available in the car (from all that shopping lor) so that we could make the journey back to KL.

Ah Yee, thank you so much for the wonderful hospitality. We love you! To my cousin and his beautiful wife, congratulations on you wedding! Muah muah!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

apalah... never tapau roast piglet for me oso... kiamsiap fella u :P

ginseng4desoul said...

We bought back the heads for our doggy boi boi. U wanna share with him? :PpPpPp

Anonymous said...

hmph... nxt time we got BKT outing i'm excluding u :PpPpP~~~

btw, collect ur red bomb from eric & janice ah! wakakakakkak!

ginseng4desoul said...

Dun la lie dat!!! Received the red bomb d! :PpPpPp