Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday Blues

Hayo!!!! Saturday also have to work!!! I just do not understand how this half day thingy is going to make any difference in enriching the economy. Least to say, enriching our lives???!!!

Come on! Think about it, most of my clients insists that we open our offices on Saturdays "in case" they need our help. And the irony here is, most of them do not work on Saturdays! It's been a norm for our industry to kow tow to our clients because "customer's are always right", right? WRONG!!! I've worked overseas before and I've never had to come in on a Saturday. Not even once. I was in the car rental service some more!!! Even if there is any problems, there is always the telephone and internet right? Besides, if something did happen, and it would involve my agents overseas (particularly on the Western Hemisphere), do you think they would give 2 hoots about it? No!!! Because they DO NOT work on Saturdays either! The point here is, if some thing wrong has happened, it has happened. You can't turn it around and un"happen" it. :-P So, why can't we just solve the issues on Monday, leaving the weekends free with blissfully quality time for family and loved ones? I guess most Asians just do not know how to let go and have a little bit of fun. Or, perhaps my client's have sadistic tendency of deriving pleasure from making us come to work on Saturdays while they don't?

One more hour to go before 12pm... what a waste of time here... *sigh...* sob sob

kow tow = worship

No comments: