Monday, October 02, 2006

Burp.... skews me....

Yesterday was yet another gastronomical experience. No wonder my pants are getting extremely snug lately. xD

Last nite, SP was craving for some good food to reward herself over something she acomplished. (We're always finding reasons to reward ourselves with food...:PpPpPpP) Anyway, it has been a while since our roast duck and wine extravaganza, I thought, why not?

This time, we went to Anjappar's in Bangsar for some good Southern Indian food. It's really an eye opener for me when I flipped through the menu since the furthest I've ever ventured for Indian food is a roti canai (prata) or a dosa. Here, there were more than 20 types of rotis, idli's and dosa's and items that I've never heard before. I left the ordering to SP since she's the one who has all the relavant exposure from her stints in India. We ordered palak paneer (spinach with cottage cheese), gobi 65 (cauliflower deep friend in massala batter), a crispy dosa, some roti which I can't pronounce and a set of thin putus. The meals came with sambar (dhall curry), coconut chutney and a very spicy tomato chutney. All in all, my favourite was the palak paneer, gobi 65 and dosa. The spinach was creamed very well and the little cubes of paneer was delicious. It taste and has a texture similar to tau kua. Absolutely yummy! The gobi 65 was surprisingly crunchy and full of flavour. The dosa was very crispy and done very well. SP later told me that Anjappar's is actually one of many chain restaurants from Chennai. Even the staff they hired were from India, including the restaurant captain. We finished off the meal with a cup of delicious massala tea, which we have to tarik ourselves!!! That was some experience and kinda fun too!

After dinner, we walked towards the pasar malam nearby to look-see-look-see. We found the DVD shop along that row opened, so we thought that we could go in and pick out some good movies (pirated ones..hehehehehe) Halfway through selecting, suddenly there was this commotion and the next thing we knew, the shutters came down the front door and locked all of us in! Apparantly, the big bro of the shop said that the authorities are just around the corner. Since we were all trapped inside, we decided to continue selecting our DVD's lah. I guess these guys and their patrons are so used to this cause no one panicked at all. In fact, most customers just coolly sat on the chairs and waited till the coast is clear. After 1/2 an hour, we were "released" through the back door. That was some experience and we had such a good laugh over it. SP thought that it would have been a cool experience if we were all arrested and hauled up into the truck. Err... having my face splashed all over newspaper front pages in a round up??? I don't think so!

Anyway, we walked further up to make sure we arrive at Matthias on time before they closes. FYI, this is one place that sells the WORLD'S BEST GELATO!!!! I kid you not. Where in the entire Klang Valley can you find homemade gelato from a famous pastry chef for the price of RM5.50 for 2 scoops???!!!! I know that I am kiam siap, but at least I am kiam siap with class ok? Well, we decided to have Mascarpone and Rasberry this time. The combination was sinfully delicious! The taste of creamy mascarpone cheese in every bite works wonders when combined with the tangy sorbet-like rasberry gelato. We fought for the occasional chunks of rasberry. Guess who won? :-P All-in-all, it was a delactable experience.

It was indeed a fun 0uting, albeit over eating this time round. The indigestion at the later part wasn't that fun.

BTW, SP messaged me this morning to tell me that she would like to have another round of duck and wine before she leaves for India again next month. Keep this up and I'll be a fat rolly polly in no time!!!

Tau kua = firm tofu
Kiam siap = stingy, cheap

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehhh... tell me about the previous duckie & red wine date lah... i'm curious to know :P~~~~

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: U really wanna know? ;P