Friday, June 20, 2008

Midnight slave

Wookay!!!! So, the kitchen is open again. Hehehehe.. I thought that since I needed something "nutritious," I decided to make some Chinese herbal chicken soup. Nothing fancy or difficult. So, got the ingredients and decided to make it the night before, so that I don't have to wait for it to cook today. So, dengan gigih nye, I started cutting up the chicken and preparing the herbs at 10pm. At the same time, I decided that I wanted some desert as well. So, masak lah jugak bubur pulut hitam, which was my first attempt. I dumped everything into the crock pot, by the way. After honing both the soups, I took a glimpse at the clock and it was 1 AM!!!!! Hayoooo!!! Masak soup oso that long!!!

So, I cleaned everything up, but the bubur pulut hitam was not even half cooked! I was afraid to leave it overnight after hearing horror stories from my sister saying that she burnt her's pitch black because she left her crock pot on overnight. But since I was too tired to wait, I took the chance by leaving it on (it was "low," of course) and went to bed. Lucky thing this morning, it was totally cooked and it wasn't burned. :-) However, it was a real bitch waking up this morning after slaving over the stove at night. This is worse than the 18th century!!! :-(

Will post the pics here soon. I found back my camera. Blek!

5 comments:

akupunyahal said...

mesti sedap chicken herbal soup.. put up lah the recipe in ur entry...

ginseng4desoul said...

Malim: Memang sedap yer... haa, dah letak pon recipe nye khas untuk Malim.

Anonymous said...

shld boil the soup in the morning b4 u go to work. leave it at auto mode, then wun get burnt. then when u come home, got nice soup to drink~

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Scared that it might dry up and burn mah... don't want the entire place to go up in flames. Now I know that the crock pot is ok with overnight cooking, I can do that lor.

Anonymous said...

just put to auto mode b4 u leave the house ;)