Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another misadventure in the kitchen

Yesterday was definitely not one of my greatest days. I was not in the mood for anything and my mind has just decided to stop functioning. Now I know how it feels to be stupid (if there is such a thing, lah!) Anyways, I ambled myself to Starbucks again for some Java therapy and thought that a change of scenery might do me good. Well, it did perk me up a little but I was still too lazy to do anything else. I should have been on my toes ordering the curtain materials as well as the string curtains for my seamstresses to work on it. The dateline is coming up soon. But alas, I procrastinated again. Seeing that I was not going anywhere with my "self-negotiating"tactics, I decided it was best to just go home and make dinner. I took the chicken chops which were marinated the night before and heated the oven so I can pop them chicks in. Made a side salad with home made honey dijon mustard dressing too. Everything turned out great except..... THE GRAVY!!!!! Hayoooo!!!! How can anyone screw up gravy???? Well, I guess after such a long hiatus from the kitchen, these mis-adventures are bound to happen, kan??? kan??? kan???? BTW, Knorr's Barbeque sauce sucks! Wonder when in the world are they going to replenish those yummy Heinz Barbecue sauce???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't eat barbeque sauce so I can't personally verify this but if you can get your hands on Sweet Baby Ray's, you should. Cathy and my friend Janice love it and it's a best seller. In the mean time though, get a pizza. ;^)

ginseng4desoul said...

Mena: Hmmm... lemme check out the stores here if they carry this brand. Mebbe I've got to go over to the expats quarters where there's a whole lot more choices. That means I've to brave the traffic into the city. Sigh....

Anonymous said...

honey paprika chicken!!!!!!!!!!!

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Recipe pls!

Anonymous said...

chicken up to u to judge la. u need ground paprika, garlic salt, some butter, chicken granules if u like, and honey. marinate the chicken wif all the ingredients overnite. roast to perfection :D

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Sounds good! Will try that this week.