Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ice Cream

This weekend, Malim and Wahdi have decided to work on a new assignment, which is taking pictures of ice cream. I was thrilled when they invited me to join in the challenge. In fact, this is a double challenge as we not only need to take pictures of ice cream, but to also MAKE the ice cream. Hence, the kitchen was busy again during the weekend. Since I do not have an ice cream maker, I've decided to improvise and made gelato instead. The initial plan was to create a strawberry cheese cake gelato , but I needed the cheese for something else. So, I've decided to go classic and conservative. I made chocolate gelato instead. It was a really simple recipe which I improvised to suit our climate condition. The gelato turned out great. How I wish I can say the same about the pictures. Still learning and LOTS to learn. Sigh...

desserts 001 by you.

desserts 004 by you.

desserts 002 by you.

desserts 005 by you.

5 comments:

wahdi said...

Ha uol good trial la utk 1st assignment ni.. sbb gambar uols clear... tak kelabu yer!
lagipun 1st assignment kan...sure uol kelam kabut.

aiyo aiskerim uols dah mencair!
iol dah siap buat gelato, dah mengeras cuma esok pagi br iols snappy sbb nak tunggu morning sun.

akupunyahal said...

ha frist trial jangan risau tetap menjadi an quality pic pun makin baik tak kelabu and kabur....hayoohh iols tak leh nak buat apa2 yer.. so apa yang ada sajokk iols akan upload.. bekalan letrik putuss *matilaa banyak songeh

ginseng4desoul said...

wahdi: Yes... dah cair yer sbb kelam kabut decorate lepas tuh lupa setting camera. Major disaster in the kitchen ghetu! Huhuhu...

Malim: yer ker... hayoo!!! Sedeh yer iols ngan gamber iols. *Nanges!!!
BTW, jgn risau pasal ice cream uols.

Mena Ryan said...

What did you use to make the ice cream if you don't have a maker? I made some cherry/cranberry sorbet using a really huge zip lock bag, a couple of smaller zip lock bags, ice, salt, and a lot of kneading until the crystals developed. Then I put it in the freezer to finish and it turned out ok.

ginseng4desoul said...

Mena: Well, I pot the whole lot into the freezer and used a puree blender every other hour till it's smooth and the motor stops. Tedious but the result is great.