Friday, August 01, 2008

Spin cycles and BOWS

There goes my stomach again, doing the spin cycle. As usual, with my itchy hands and backside *oops! I went to eat roti telur for lunch yesterday. So, the entire evening was spent in the toilet sitting on the throne. So, for dinner, I have no choice but to cook and eat in. I've decided to go for dishes which I've not had for a long time. These are Peranakan dishes which are no longer in vogue and sometimes very difficult to find in restaurants. I remember mom making them so very often, once upon a time. Simple but extremely delicious! So, here's to reliving those childhood moments...

meal 1 011 by you.
Nasi kukus ikan masin (Steamed rice with dried salted fish). Love this dish, especially with lots of dried shrimps. Yummy!!!!

meal 1 006 by you.
Cencaru goreng kunyit sumbat sambal belacan (Fried hardtail scad with stuffed chilli and shrimp paste) I know my kitchen will smell of fish for the next two days, but what the heck??!! Sedap nye pasal, semua pon boleh!

meal 1 007 by you.
This one is the only non-traditional dish, but one of my favorite, non the less. Stir fry green sprouts with garlic. Simple and delicious!

meal 1 012 by you.


meal 1 014 by you.
After dinner, to cleanse the system, I made myself some tea. Teh ape tuh???

meal 1 004 by you.
Inilah ginseng flower tea. *Yelah... nama pon dah ginseng kan??!!! Kena lah promote ginseng sket! LOL!

meal 1 015 by you.
Love the smell and taste of this tea.

meal 1 002 by you.
My tea ladies...

I'm taking a break from work. Had to deal with too many BOWS (Block of woods) today. Buat sakit hati jer. Looks like there will be traveling itinerary coming my way again too. Too bad it'll be for work again. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

wahdi said...

waaaaaaaaaa Pandainya u masak! jeles!

Mena Ryan said...

This is one of those cultural difference things. It all looks good except for the fish head! :^)

ginseng4desoul said...

Wahdi: Bab masak tahap amateur sarjork! Dengar khabar Wahdi pon very the expert jugak bab2x dapur nih? Ahaks!

Mena: But that's the best part!!! *Crunch...munch... Muahahahaha!

oliviasy said...

i like "dou-miu" vege too! sweet sweet!

akupunyahal said...

wah must try lah nasi kukus ikan masin tu.. wahhh tak tau plak ikan caru sumbat sambal belacan.. looks yummi.. i love beansprout...

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: "hou sek hor?" Ehehehehe...

Malim: Sedap yaamatzz occay nasi iteww! *matilaa perasan bangga. Caru tuh sumbat sambal belacan sedap... cuba try...yg nih diorang panggil green sprout. nih dah ada daun. Lagi sedap dari tauge.

Honeylemon said...

wah sedappppp la nmpak nasi kukus tue..

resepi pls....

ginseng4desoul said...

Honeylemon: Sedap ek? Ha, nanti I kasi resipinya. Senang sgt la nak buat.