Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kitchen

Ok...ok... the oven is switched off! Otherwise the house will be on fire. Hehehehe...

Malim, wahdi, kasih and I were chatting online one day (*matilaa confirm malas tak keja) and one of the topics we discussed were kitchen designs.

To me the most important part of a house is firstly, the kitchen and second, the bathroom. But we'll talk about bathrooms another day. A well designed kitchen has to be firstly, user friendly, practical and suited to the user's need. There is really no need to overcrowd the kitchen with the most expensive equipment if you are not going to be doing much cooking. What is important is to make sure that the kitchen is airy, bright and have adequate storage space.

As for color and design, I guess most of them favored a white sleek, minimalist kitchen. While I'd love to have a white kitchen, but in terms of practicality, my cooking style and most certainly our weather condition, I decided to go for a darker tone instead. So, here is my kitchen which was design to my needs.

Kitchen 002 by you.
The cabinets are dark walnut laminates and the accent wall units are birch laminates. I chose Indesit appliances for the hood, hob and built-in oven.

Kitchen 004 by you.
The other end of the cabinets with a tall pantry at the end.

Since the design of the kitchen is long and narrow, the fridge has to be placed across from the cabinets as a stand alone unit.
Kitchen 003 by you.
670 liters occay!!! Kiasu kan????

16 comments:

akupunyahal said...

wah so cleann.. macam tak pernah guna *matilaa speku

ginseng4desoul said...

Malim: Sapa kata tak penah guna??? Nih clean up fasal nak amik gambor ler. Kalu terbuka laci segala, semaknye...*matilaa

KaSiH said...

ni yg buat kasih x saba nk ada umah sendiri ni...cantik la dapur...baru ada nafsu nk masak..ahahah...dapur cantik...'org dapur' cantik lama lg ke nk sampai...huhu...jwb jgn x jwb

ginseng4desoul said...

Kasih: Tnx!!! I tau dapur iols chantek..Ahahahahaha *matilaa perasan. "Org dapur" tuh actually dah lama order on the way via DHL. Tapi tak kesampaian lagi. Lost in transit kot... wakakakakaka!!!

Mena Ryan said...

Would you recommend a door on an en-suite bathroom? Apparently the people who lived there before us didn't have those design skills!
The kitchen is nice though, I'll see if John can get some decent pictures. New stuff plus a lot of cabinets and a lot of space. Remember the kitchens in the housing at Lamoine Village? Those were just sad.

ginseng4desoul said...

Definitely! You don't want your walk in wardrobe to get all misty and moldy later on. Depending on the size of the ensuite, you can toy around the idea of a pocket door (like the one going into the kitchen at the Glen Ellyn house) or a bi-fold door. there are many new designs in the market nowadays. John should keep a lookout at what's new at home depot. Lamoine Village? Gosh!!! That's a long time ago. LOL! Yeah, I'd hv ripped that kitchen out too if I lived there.

Faisal Admar said...

whoa! very beautiful, neat and clean. what a lovely kitchen... my dream! :)

i love the colors combination too. perfect match!

ginseng4desoul said...

Faisal: Tnx! :) I like it too. just wished I have more space for a dishwasher and a twin oven though. LOL!

oliviasy said...

i know where dat kitchen design came from!!! ;P when u free ah, come over make scones for me to eat. i dun hv mixer niaaa... wuakakakakaka! *runs away*

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Yes you, don't you? But that was before they gone upmarket and charge super expensive prices lar! Wei!!! No need mixer for the scones lah!!! Use your hand and mix like loti canai man lah!! Wuahahahahaha!!!!

Honeylemon said...

aaar... betul la bersih jer dapur tue....

p/s : xnk kumpul fm ker??? byk lg ruang tue.... :p

ginseng4desoul said...

Honeylemon: Ada la a few FM tuh kat fridge tuh. Tapi tak sebanyak uols ler. Hehehe...

Mena Ryan said...

Thanks for the input. I think that I'm going to put a regular door in there, Frank showed me how to do it from the frame to the final stages but that's already in there. All I would need are the hinges and the door. I guess that right now the lack of door isn't a bad thing, John doesn't use that one and it doesn't have a shower. Only the main one does. Oh, there isn't one on the lower level and I want a full bath there, but with only a large shower stall. Do you do remote sites? ;^)
It doesn't get much more remote than Saskatoon! No really. Just an hour or so north and all civilization ends, plus there isn't much around there.

ginseng4desoul said...

Mena: Err... does that mean you're paying for the entire expenses??? Yay!!!! I'm going international!!!! Hey ya'll!!!! I"M GOING INTERNATIONAL!!! Wahahahahahaa!!!!

Mena Ryan said...

Here's something to keep in mind when designing kitchens!

ginseng4desoul said...

mena: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I like the like so much!