Sunday, August 17, 2008

Firing up the oven

Hi ya'll! Got back from Ipoh after the funeral and arrived back in KL somewhere late evening. I dropped mom and dad off at their house after a very early dinner and decided to go back home to freshen up.

One thing that I used to do when a lot is in my head was to fire up the oven and start baking something. It can be anything... home made pizza, bread, cupcakes...etc. I find it therapeutic and able to focus on the problem solving while my hands are working up a storm in the kitchen. Anyway, I needed this therapy today and this is what I made for tomorrow's breakfast.

Scones 004Scones 001
What's in the oven?? Let's look closer....

Scones 002 by you.
English Buttermilk Scones!!! An extended (and kinda desperate) reminiscence of the not too long ago Cameron Highlands trip.

Scones 003 by you.
Taa daa!!! They're done!!!! 20 minutes tops.

Scones 006 by you.
I've decided to whip some cream to go with it and the strawberry jam bought from CH.

I can't wait to savor these baby's for breakfast tomorrow. Hehehehe...

12 comments:

wahdi said...

waawiiiii they look damn delicious! *i hope so :P

but seriuos nampak sedap uol!!!
wah pandainya masak..scone favourite i o.k! pagi2 makan scone + air green tea peppermint, sedapnya~~

akupunyahal said...

wah terror yer bab baking2 nih... iols mmg tak tau baking2...

KaSiH said...

looks scrumptious...abg nak sikittt...jelesnya tgk abg buat ni...i wish i could, but my culinary dont extend that far...

ginseng4desoul said...

Wahdi: Memang sedap ok!!! *Matilaa puji diri sendiri. Uols pon suke scones yer? Next time buat uols satu batch ok?

Malim: Tak ler terror. Simple2x tuh bleh lah. Tapi kan, iols nih kalu tension tahap cipan nih lah bleh baking sedap2x.

Kasih: Hehehehe... tapi tinggal crumbs dia jer.. nak jugak ker??? *Lariiiikkk

Honeylemon said...

u jual segram brapa?? i nak beli nie.... muahahaha....

ginseng4desoul said...

Honeylemon: Kita tak jual ikut gram. Kita ikut system barter. Iols kasi uols scones 6 biji nih, uols kasi iols sema shopping bandung tuh. Amacam? Bleh? Ehehehehe *Ketawa sinis

oliviasy said...

oi, bagi recipe cepat! blek! email or msn me!

Mena Ryan said...

Me too!
By the way, have you ever thought of having a recipe blog to stop us from pestering you? ;^)

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Cannn! I email u lah.

Mena: U too! :-) Recipe blog? Mebbe next time. As of now, my hands are tied with too any thngs. How's mom, btw?

Mena Ryan said...

Mom's ok, she has had a few issues with being sick though. Her leg still hurts the way it did before but that may be because he had to clean out a lot of scar tissue (bones can get scars too) and the nerve is open.
As for the recipe, whenever you have time is ok considering how often I cook! It was more for John or my mother because mom loves those things and John may, if they are home made and if those are berries instead of raisins. If they are raisins, I'm sure I can substitute berries. Apparently the choke cherry tree has been very productive this year. It may be again next year. Right now the neighbor is taking them to make wine.

Faisal Admar said...

whoa! look so delicious!
send to me some please ;)

ginseng4desoul said...

faisal: Crumbs pon dah takdak!!! LOL! Nih dok pikir nak wat mende lain plak.