Monday, August 27, 2007

Next Year's Major Feat

After our "victorious feat" hiking up Sg Palas' tea plantation at Cameron Highlands, SP and I have this crazy idea to do the impossible (at least for sedentary people like me) :-P Actually, I should correct that sentence. It was MY crazy idea and I coaxed her into doing it with me. We will be climbing Mount Kinabalu early next year!!! Something I have to strike off my "List of things to do before I die" thingy, and it is also SP's spectacular goodbye trip before she head off to Toronto for the next 6 months (or possibly permanently) for her intense karnatic violin training. Some of you must be thinking, Cheh! Mt. Kinabalu only wat! So difficult meh??? For those who don't know me, well, um... if I have my way, I would not need to lift a finger to DO ANYTHING, let alone climb a mountain!!! So, yes, it will be one hellova feat for me. SP was so excited over this trip that she called another friend to join in. I pulak out of the excitement, gatal-gatal go and call this friend from the US and invited him for the trip. He said yes! So, there will be 4 of us trying to kill ourselves next year climbing up a mountain. One sedentary contractor Cina Apek, 2 forty plus women (who happen to be fitter than me) and an Ang Moh art curator who is a chain smoker. I can't imagine what's going to happen during that trip since we are such a motley crew.

Anyway, before we even GET THERE physically, we're all busy "training" at this moment. I've no qualms that SP will be in tip top condition since she power walks about 3 hours a day, couple with daily Yoga sessions. So is her other friend. Well, I started training last week by pledging to climb up and down the stairs of my condo (I live on the 15th floor) instead of using the lifts. I thought, ala... sure no problem lah doing this everyday. So, 2 days ago I started my so called training after work. It was late at night and I was dead tired. But nevertheless, the training have to start. So, I began climbing up the stairs from my basement 2 carpark all the way up to the 15th floor. At first it was ok until I reached the 8th floor, Suddenly, everything was a blur and all I could think off was Adibah Noor standing at the corridor with an Ogawa foot massager! "Macam diurut dengan tangan!" Bwahahahahaha!!!!! I did reach my floor that night but I was so out of breath and looked like some kangkung layu by the time I was at my front door. If 15 floors also want to die, how to go up 4000 plus meters lah.... hope Adibah Noor will be at the pit stop with her Ogawa foot massager at that time.

5 comments:

Peanut Kong said...

Hahaha ... better do this while you still can walk without a tongkat! :p

If you need further "training", you are welcome to join my friends and I for our weekend treks at Bukit Gasing (barring work and weather conditions). :)

ginseng4desoul said...

Leanne: Thanks for the invite... honestly, I'm quite intimidated by your standards lah, even though you said Saturday mornings are for novice...hehehehehe.

oliviasy said...

wah wah. start training, u can do it!!! conquer mt KK!! gambateh! eh u want free yoga class or not? les studio now got promo, i got the promo card. u'r entitled to 1-free yoga/dance class.

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Thanks for the invite. What time are the classes? Nowadays my schedule is suicidal! Sorry can't join you guys last might oso. Was on conference call with overseas sampai tengah malam.

Anonymous said...

ginseng: wkday classes start from 6pm. last class is at 8pm. saturday classes start at 10.45am, last class at 2.15pm i think.