Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Spital

Ayoooo!!!!! I've been so busy with a whole shit load of work, I'm going to be drowning pretty soon in either bales of curtains or paperwork from my shipping company!!! Thank God for this blog, otherwise, I can't seem to find any other alternative to release my tension (tak kan I go ranting my worries and frustrations to my staff, kan???)

Sis called yesterday and said that she's in K.L. I was kinda surprised over her unannounced trip. Anyway, she told me that she was here on emergency and she is in the hospital. Imagine my horror!!! She broke a tendon on her finger. Anyway, I was with her at the Radiology Dept. to wait for the MRI scan. Her right fingers are limp and she can't lift them anymore. Athritic Psoriasis can be such a terrible disease. She has already lost the feeling of 2 fingers. I hope they can save this third one. Her doctor said that she has to be referred to a hand surgeon and this blardy country only have 5!!! So much for Govt. incentives to curb our brain drain. Anyway, the doctor was based in another hospital so, we have to make separate appointments lah.

I called her today and asked how she was doing. She said that she was at the surgeon's office waiting for her X-rays to come out. The doctor wanted to analyse and see if he can salvage the entire hand rather than just repair the tendon. I'm really praying that some miracle can be done lah. She's been so damn strong over the entire 15 years or so ordeal. I just wish that there will be some medical breakthrough that will help her condition. There was this new medicine that was doing wonders to her but it's only considered preventive medicine and it requires self injection every couple of days (like diabetic insulin) and the cost is extremely high. She's very lucky that her company is picking up the tab. I cannot imagine how anyone who doesn't make a fantastic salary can afford the medication. There were some people who told me to seek for alternative medical remedies. But I don't know lah... can trust or not???

I hope she gets an appointment for the surgery soon. That means, next week I better keep myself free to ferry her as well as make sure all her makan minum in order during her recuperating period. Mom and dad will be away next week some more... pening... pening. Sob...sob....:-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope everything wl be fine soon *hugs*

Peanut Kong said...

Is it Linda? Please send my regards to her.

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Thanks...she's much better now.
Leanne: Yes. Surgery was good. Will send her your wishes.