Monday, March 26, 2007

Me.... super artist!

This has got to be the most bizzare telephone conversation I've ever encountered today...

Phone ringing...

Me: Ginseng...
Ms E: Err...hello? Is this Mr Ginseng?
Me: Yes, this is he. May I know who is on the line?
Ms E: My name is E. May I know whether you do any 3D perspective drawings or not?
Me: Yes, we do have that service.
Ms E: Ok... I want to know how fast can you draw?
Me: ??? I'm sorry.... I didn't catch your question?
Ms E: I said, how fast can you draw a 3D perspective drawing if I give you a job?
Me: Well, it really depends on what you want us to draw and how detailed the drawing is. But before...
Ms E: I need you to draw an illustration of shoplots. Can you do it?
Me: Huh? May I know what is this about?
Ms E: I need you to draw and paint an illustration of shoplots...you know, like those on in the newspapers, with people and cars and trees one...
Me: We need to sit down and talk this over first, Ms E. We need to know the concept and what is the budget you are willing to work on, and also...
Ms E: No, no, no.... you don't understand!!! I want you to just draw a row of shoplots. You figure out the design and concept. My clients just want to test water on their piece of land with your drawing on our billboard and see if got anyone call for inquiry or not. So, how much do you charge for your drawings?
Me: Excuse me, we don't do artist impression services. We use computer softwares to do these, besides, we cannot just draw something for you like that. We are designers, not architects! What we design may not be architecturally viable. Also, I'm sure your client have an idea on what they want to built right?
Ms E: They want to built shoplots lah! I already said mah! I don't have very much time, I need the drawings by this Thursday.
Me: Thursday???!!!! I'm afraid I have to decline this job. It's too rush and if we are going to be doing a rush job, I'd rather not do it. I hope you understand.
Ms E: But..but.... you are the 4th person who is rejecting already. Please lah... I've a dateline this Thursday. I need you to draw for me.
Me: (Thinking.. I draw you lidi house with lots of orang lidi, then only you know! Siao wan!) Err... Ms E, I don't think you understand... there is no concept, no architectural drawing and also no approval for development for this piece of land. I think you should review your client's profile before taking this project. BTW, do you have the map of that piece of land?
Ms E: No wor.
Me: Have you seen that piece of land? Do you know how big is it?
Ms E: No.
Me: Exactly my point! Thanks but no thanks. I can't take this project. Have a nice day.
Ms E: But...but...

*click!.......

5 comments:

oliviasy said...

padan muka. 4 days to come up wif concept, illustration etc. Siao meh. digging her own grave.

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Yea lor... must have procrastinated this job too long.

Anonymous said...

dun think procrastination is the reason, we have seen way too many of these people: they are simply just not qualified to get that job, and yet, mm.. they got it!

dun know what he want at all-- tell me if this is not the case!! M

ginseng4desoul said...

M- I know what you mean. Hate these type of clients. BTW, she called again! Grrrr....

Peanut Kong said...

Hmm ... either you have an incredibly sweet disposition or she is desperate or she is sweet on you. Hehehehe .... good luck!