Monday, October 06, 2008

Folk Art

I once posted an entry saying that I did a bedroom makeover for a friend in exchange for 2 paintings. Well, being the procrastinator I'm well known for, I finally had them framed and got them hung at their designated wall.

These are actually folk art from the state of Bihar, India. They are very different from the typical art work you see for India. These are painted with natural dye and the paper is hand pressed.

paintings 001 by you.
Dancing women and cows. I blew up the picture for the details. They are actually very small.

paintings 002 by you.
Elephants in green. This is my favorite piece. I had it framed with an olive green padding and light cherry frame.

paintings 005 by you.

I've another bigger piece which will be going to my trusted framer soon.

5 comments:

Mena Ryan said...

Oooh, very pretty!

ginseng4desoul said...

Mena: Isn't it lovely? Can't wait to frame up the one other piece which I bought! :-)

wahdi said...

nice!!!!! suka yg gajah tu yer!!

Esah said...

suke!!! cantek gambar tu..

ginseng4desoul said...

Wahdi: Iols pon suka gajah tuh... actually tak amik betul2 gambar tuh pon. Nak amik sekali lagi bila yg lagi satu tuh abis frame.

Ecah: Suka??? Yay!!!