Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This is the house that BN built!

Yet another day of having the displeasure of going to BN Land aka Putra Jaya to measure yet another boring mansion built with ill gotten money belonging to some hotshot "latuk." FYI, "Balinese" style is soooooo passe, "latuk!". I've nothing against rich people (after all, they are my rice bowl), but what irks me silly is the entire process of doing business with these Gomen "latuks" and their cronies. It's bad enough that I've to throw peanuts to all these tongue wagging "running dogs," but how things are done their style makes one wonder why the nation has yet to collapse in chronic bankruptcy??!!

I'll give you an example of what happens each time I've to attend to these monkeys. Once I arrived at the stipulated time, I've to call the PIC to inform him that I've arrived. After that, you've got to wait for AT LEAST 30 minutes before someone shows up on a scooter telling you this.

"Lu itu olang mau ukur lumah ka?"

After that, he will zoom off and you wait for another 30 minutes. Later, 2 cars filled with MORE monkeys will arrive and ask the same question. All of them will give you this intimidating look as if they have not eaten for days. Then one person will call the "latuk" to confirm that I'm already there. FINALLY, this person (the so called supervisor) will open the door and let me in. He will be the one following me around and trying to explain what the "latuk'' wants in the house (more like what he wants in the house, actually). While we do the walkabout, the rest of the 5 monkeys will be mulling around the empty house doing nothing. At one point when I was explaining to the supervisor what options are available, one guy actually has the cheek to lay down flat on the floor and fell asleep!!!! How's that on hiring the right people to do the job???

I actually wonder how many people are being hired by our dear Gomen to actually do nothing??? No wonder you all are losing!!! Tsk!Tsk!!

No comments: