Wednesday, January 31, 2007

2 long days

Ahhh..... such bliss to have my ever Superwoman staff back in the office today! You see, in the name of improving staff's ability, I sent my trusty customer service for a 2 day intensive training. Never mind the reluctance from my staff or that it costs me a bomb. I persuaded her and told her that it was a once in a lifetime chance.

Anyway, she went, and that's when I was sent down to purgatory for 2 days. Honestly, it doesn't take too long for someone to forget all the tedious paper work of this industry when one has the luxury of very good staff to take care of them. Ahem.... I'm one of the guilty ones. :-P
For the past 2 days, things has been a chaos for me, trying to remember all the steps on how to release an import document, what was needed to release the haulage pick ups, so on and so forth. To make things short, I panicked. There were a few hiccups here and there but eventually, by the end of the first day, I managed to get out with minimal injuries. The 2nd day was just as busy, juggling all her work, while handling the phones. Also, not forgetting the prior appointments I made for myself! Again, it ended late and tiring. Nevertheless, everything was done when night falls.

I guess the actual person who ended up "in training" was me. It certainly took me by surprise and this "refresher course" made me appreciate Superwoman even more now. Ironic isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, i have the same experience, my CS always laugh at me: hey you are the one who taught us how to do now tanya balik macam orang baru.-- ML

ginseng4desoul said...

ML: Ya lor... haih....