Monday, January 08, 2007

2007....and getting nostalgic

Happy New Year to all you readers out there!!! I have meant t0 post earlier but several things (including the recent earthquake in Taiwan which disrupted our broadband services) sort of delayed my first post for the year. Anyway, I hope there will be plenty of positive things to look out for everyone (I know for sure that this is going to be an exciting year for me!) this year.

I was clearing up the house the other day (and to take down that Christmas tree) and stumbled upon a photo album that was about 10 years old. In there were all the pictures I had taken when I was still in college in Illinois, USA. Flipping throught the pages, I went back to memory lane. I can vividly recall the good times and carefree moments I spent with all my friends during those 3 1/2 years. Those were the best moments of my life. It struck me that all these years of climbing the corporate ladder, I lost touch with most of them, one by one, even though we all have email addresses. So, I started a little project to trace back these friends of mine. You never know the power of the internet until you try it. I mean, I could have been a successful stalker if I want to! LOL.

I began my primary seach through google search, last know employment websites and the white pages for my American friends. I managed to get in touch with one of them, who is currently living in Munich. He's a Ph.D holder now. Through him, I managed to reconnect back with my other friends from Germany. I was on top of the world shooting emails back to these friends. I also found out that another good friend from South America married one of our German friends and now live in Frankfurt. Through her, I reconnected with friends who are now living in Equador, Mexico and our dear friend from Lesotho, who is doing her Ph.D as well in the UK. Before long, I managed to get almost everyone's email address from one person or the other. I've also received an invitation to a wedding in Birmingham in Aug! Air Asia X certainly came at the right time. :-)

This is indeed a great start for the new year! I've managed to reconnected with friends I've known 10 years ago. I do intend to keep in touch regularly this time round. You can't afford to loose a friend twice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet~~~ :)

ginseng4desoul said...

tks!