Friday, December 01, 2006

Paradiso

The trip to Langkawi last week did wonders and I'm looking forward to packing my bags at the 13th hour and flying there again for another weekend escapade!!! Actually, I was there to attend a client's beach wedding (Except for the unpredictable showers, the wedding went on wonderfully).

One thing that caught me is how laid back and green Langkawi is! I didn't really take notice of this when I first stp foot to this island 5 years ago. Perhaps I was too busy getting drunk and being a tourist at that time. This time I took a car and took a leisure drive all around the island. I took in so much more this time. Before I knew it, I was in love with this little paradise. I love the laidback lifestyle, the greens, the beach, the people (for being so lepak and cool). The atmosphere and the entire package won my heart. I've decided that this is the place that I am going to move to. I'm not talking about retiring, I'm talking about moving there!!! Yep, move there, open a small coffee place and run the rest of my business from there. Sounds like a plan. At least I'm surrounded by beautiful places, people and cheap booze.

What made me think of taking such a drastic action? I've realised that I am not (and will never be happy living in KL). I can go on breaks upon breaks, feel refreshed and thought that I will come back and conquer the world. but alas, this feeling will only last 2-3 days. This trip's euphoria lasted only 1/2 a day. All this is telling me that I've got to get out of the Klang Valley.

Well, as scary as it sounds, I think I'll just go ahead and plan my options to move to Langkawi. it might take 6 months or 2 years. But, ultimately, I''m moving there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh. What happened to the cheap island at the Indonesias archipelaggo?

ginseng4desoul said...

Indonesia very volatile lah... besides, Langkawi is still not too bad. Got hill and mountains for hiking. Got water for water sports. Worth thinking lah. Wanna join me?

Anonymous said...

But of course. As soon as I earn enough for retirement. :)

Anonymous said...

move to langkawi & run ur biz? u'r still bringing work/stress there wot, wat's the diff? :P

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Minus the physical stress of traffic and city scape mah.