Monday, September 22, 2008

Raya Cookies

This weeks assignment is by far the most challenging for me. Wahdi, Malim, Ecah, Kasih and I have decided to make cookies for this coming Aidilfitri. Though I am not celebrating, but joining in the challenge was indeed fun for me. The rules laid out was simple.

1. We have to make 2 types of cookies.
2. The cookies have to be original (either created entirely by ourselves or modified to make it our own).
3. Steps have to be documented with pictures.
4. It has to be made ENTIRELY by ourselves with no help from anyone.
5. The final product have to be photo shot with full presentation.

For this challenge, I've decided to choose one that is technically challenging which I modified to make it my own, and the second which is simple but created entirely by myself. So here are my results.

My first cookie challenge is called Pandan Macarons. Macarons are a light and elegant cookie made famous by the House of Laduree and Pierre Herme in Paris. The process of making them is very challenging and one small mistake will spell disaster.

The process
macarons 005macarons 007
macarons 011macarons 015

The final product
macarons2 023 by you.

macarons2 009 by you.macarons 021 by you.
macarons2 012 by you.macarons2 024 by you.

For the second cookie, I've decided to create one from scratch. I wanted something simple but interesting and different. Hence, I proudly present my creation...

Chocolate oatmeal pouch surprise

The process
cookies 001cookies 008cookies 011cookies 014
cookies 021cookies 025

The final product
cookies 048 by you.

cookies 036 by you.
cookies 032 by you.
cookies 041 by you.
cookies 029 by you.
cookies 050 by you.





13 comments:

KaSiH said...

ahahaha....best la rich...pandai decorate...cantikkk...

marco said...

that s a really nice for you guys to come out with this little game. very nice i wish i have my own kitchen to join. the "wantan" is so creative.. what can i say more, from the first time you brought your invincible chess cake to the office, i already know you can be the best cook.

akupunyahal said...

iols suka lah green macaroon tuh rich.. very nice... mesti sedap ngan chocolate ganache tuh... and that kuih goreng looks yummy. kalau dalam ada serunding udang mesti sedapppppp.. pics look good too

ginseng4desoul said...

Kasih: Pandai kan??? *matilaa kerek

Marco: Thanks! OMG!!! My cheese cake must have really made an impact on a lot of people huh? LOL! That was a long time ago, wasn't it?

Malim: Hayoo.. nasib baik yer 2nd attempt jadi, macarons tuh. Mmg sedap yer sbb ganache tuh iols guna dark chocolate. So, tak rasa manis. Mmg kuih goreng tuh nak cuba letak serunding lah! Ahaks!

Esah said...

suke2 sume kuih yg u wat rich!! x kira nak 10 gak... u wat lg ek.. hehehehe :p

ginseng4desoul said...

Ecah: 10??? Hayoo...*tgh garu kepala nih

oliviasy said...

the oatmeal i wl eat. the pandan macaron... if it turns me into incredible hulk, i'm coming after YOU!!!! ahaks!

Nad.is.me. said...

OMG! The pandan macarons looks soooo tempting. *telan air liugh*

I like urs.. lain dari yang lain. Hehe. :)

wahdi said...

Rich! the Macarons look damn sexy! haiyo the pics also so nice!!! so DIVA occay!

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: Green is in mah! You might just look pretty sexy in green! *runnnn fast fast!

Otak Belacan: Tnx! I'll take that as a compliment ;)

wahdi: Sexy kann? *Matilaa kerek lagi! Still long way to go on the pics though. Tgh gigih nih! Hehehehe

~~ casper~~ said...

su nak rasa dua2 jenis tu yea....tempting yg amat...meleh ayaq liuq cheq tgk....pllleeaassseeeeeeee

Unknown said...

that last cookies is so interesting :)

ginseng4desoul said...

Sue: Sue posa... xleh mkn sekarang yer. Hehehehe..

Budleee: Thanks Bud! Hope you liked my simple creation.