Wednesday, July 09, 2008

From KL to Clark Field

While everyone were still snoozing comfortably in bed, I was awake by 3.30 am to make sure that I don't miss my flight at 7.45 am to Clark Field, Manila. Hayoo.... so seksa ok???!!! Yes, I'm making my first ever trip to the land of Jeepneys, Tricycles and Lechon. Anyway, I took a cab from home to KL Sentral and boarded the 4 am bus to LCCT. What to do? Budget tight, sebab gawat kan? Anyway, the trip on board the bus was uneventful and I managed to catch 40 winks before we arrived at the LCC (Low Cost Carrier) Terminal. It was 5 am and I've not have my coffee. The Coffee Bean was closed and the only place with coffee is...


MickeyDee's!!! At this hour, I'll take any coffee to wake me up. :-P



Passport...Check! Boarding pass... Check! Custom's declaration... Check! All set to go!

The flight took off on time and the rest of the 4 hour journey was spent in La La Land. Penat okey, bangun awal awal nih???!!! We arrived at around 11.45 am at Diosdado Macapagal International Airport at Clark Field. This airport used to be the United States Air Force Base.


Hujan masa sampai...huhuhuhu...

I then took a bus from Clark to Manila which took about 2 hours journey. After that long journey, we finally arrived at SM Megamall at Ortigas. From there, it would be another 2 changes of trains before I arrived at the place which I was to call home for 5 days, Malate.


This is where I stayed. It used to be a Spaniard's Mansion before it was converted into a hotel

The entire journey from home to Malate took me 12 hours!!! Gila babi!!! I'm taking MAS if I ever need to come hear again....


Lots of Jeepneys along the way

10 comments:

akupunyahal said...

teringin nak pi Manila.. cuma org kata kena pi berdua sbb ramai pick pocket

wahdi said...

Nice pics! never been to Pinoy b4,

Btw, takde ke pic uol posing ngan jeep ? ;)

ginseng4desoul said...

Malim: Kalau ada 2-3 orang perrgi sesama tuh memang paling bagus lah. Yg pasal pick pocket tuh, as long as you pandai jaga pocket, rasa tak kena tuh. Besides, security guards diorang merata tempat sampai kat 7-11 pon ada security guard sendiri. Memang setaraf ngan polis. Badan tegap, tak macam security kat sini.

Wahdi: Tks! Gambor I takleh tanding gambor uols ngan malim ler. Ko nak tengok iols posing ker??? *Matilaa perasan kejap...

oliviasy said...

SM Megamall.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ginseng4desoul said...

Oli: ROTFL!!! I also thought that it was a mall selling S&M stuff. *Whip...whip!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Mena Ryan said...

Except for the McDonald's, that sounds like it was an interesting trip so far...
(S&M store included)

Honeylemon said...

so, apa ceta business??? xnk share ker???

ginseng4desoul said...

Mena: McD's coffee ain't that bad. It's the mystery meat that I'm apprehensive of. ;-P

Honeylemon: Nanti I cetakan... Sabar...occay?? :-)

Mena Ryan said...

Mmmm, sausage and egg McMuffins...
Oh, guess what. I'm starting to understand a bit of stuff!!! The trick is to sound it out, right? Like Tagalog is with Spanish? I have been using http://dictionary.bhanot.net/
(which kind of sucks) so it has been a bit difficult but also kind of fun. I just need to learn the really good words! ;^)

ginseng4desoul said...

Mena: You're getting there! You'll soon be able to understand and speak street Malay like a local! LOL! Keep it up!