Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thinking aloud

This week has not been a good week and everything that can go wrong, HAS gone wrong. I'm currently a proud owner of a flooded basement carpark, met the mother of all monster customers and had encountered a string of misfortune which I will not bother to bore anyone with. It is times like this that I really feel like throwing the towel and calling it quits. Yes, I am that vulnerable! Memories of the glorious past began to flood out from the deep archives of my long term memory. How I longed for those carefree days in college.

Yesterday, I called my ex again in the States. I must say that I've been calling her a lot lately. Talking to her was a great help and perhaps I needed that dosage of Western mentality that is straight forward with no hidden agenda. I'm just so tired of this mind twisting haggling that goes absolutely no where that Asians love. It's just full of bullcrap!!! I guess I just can't fit no matter how hard I try. Now I know how a jigsaw puzzle might feel like if it was jammed into a slot that doesn't fit. Not that a jigsaw puzzle can feel, but you know what I mean. My ex said that I needed to head back West. Perhaps she is right.

Jeremy emailed and announced that it has been 3 years as of Feb since he'd moved to London. He's fitting in fine and still misses LA a lot. I can imagine. After all, he did live there for 9 years after we graduated. Makes me always wonder where I would have ended up if I went against mom's word and stayed back in the States. Sigh.... no point thinking about it anymore because it's too late.

I need a break. The mind is clouded with my past and current problems. I don't think it's a good mix. SP called and asked me to follow her to Cameron Highlands. I think I'll take up the offer.

1 comment:

oliviasy said...

the grass is always greener on the other side :)