Monday, October 22, 2007

A prayer needed - update 2

Lilibeth is still in a coma when I visited her yesterday afternoon. It was her birthday. I wished her "Happy Birthday" and told her to keep on working on getting up. The doctor said that there is a high chance that she can hear us speak. She had a slight fever and her hands felt slightly cold. I did notice though that when they are held and lightly massaged, she seems more relaxed and her heart rate will slow down slightly.

Her hands and legs are have shown some slight involuntary muscle movements. We are taking that as a positive sign. No matter how small the improvement, we take it as positive as possible. She will be going through a small surgery to ease her breathing through her throat today. I feel sad for Aunty Maria for having to go through all this test. It breaks my heart to see her holding on to Beth's hands everytime and to see her eyes water when the other patients around moves out of the ICU unit into the regular wards. It's been 6 days. I'm really praying for a miracle to happen. I hope you all out there will pray for her to get well too.

No comments: