Monday, October 15, 2007

At peace on Aidilfitri

Elow you alls!!! Firstly, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all my Muslim friends and readers. Minta maaf jika ada yang tersilap, tersingung and all the other "ter's' that you can think of lah. Hehehe... So, we start back zero-zero ok!!

Anyway, didn't do anything this Raya... no visiting, no merry making, nada!!! I packed my bags and went to an undisclosed place to recuperate from all the activities last 3 weeks (finishing up my client's house before Raya, entertaining the family from US, and generally from all the shit that life throw at me everyday). So, yes... it was a good three days of not doing anything except to vegetate, meditate, read, watch loads of DVDs and sleep.

Hope this euphoria wil last a lot longer than the previous one before I become this high strung, overworked, workoholic again. But at least I managed to do a lot of soul searching and also managed to map out what would make my life more meaningful. It's not easy to make peace with oneself for all the challenges that comes along in life. It's easy to get angry and blame all that shit at people, God and everything in general. But it's not so easy to forgive and to move on. Well, this 3 days thought me a lot about that. It taught me a lot about making peace with others, and more importantly, with myself. Now I am clear on how to move on with a clear head and without emotional baggages in tow. I have a lot of people to thank for that. More importantly, I have God to thank for showing me the way and by answering my prayers most of the time.

Well, enough of emo rantings.... I'll be posting pictures of the little circus troupes soon during our recent trip to Langkawi. They are a handful yet they are so adorable and I am already missing them terribly. Hope I'll be able to detach away from work next year to make a trip over to the States to celebrate one of the boy's birthday. So, watch out for this space soon.

No comments: