Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No ASTRO??? So suaku one!!!!

Ok... I know technology kinda rule our lives, but is it such a crime that I do not have ASTRO??? Just a couple of days ago, I had this friend who keep on drooning about the fact that I do not have ASTRO!! To add salt to the wound, I own a very old 14" tv which I use to watch the news. It's so old that it doesn't even have a jack for a DVD player. So, as usual, I'm always the butt of the joke when it comes to TV tech. Sad, you think? I don't think so. I just don't see the need to own a plasma yet. I don't mind watching my movies via the laptop (not that I have time for them anyway).

Personally, having a book in hand is just so much more blissful. I can actually go on a book reading marathon if I want to. One thing good about not having a canggih manggih TV is, I won't be stuck on it 24-7. So, what I don't watch, I won't miss, so, that's a plus point. And then, I'm saving electricity, which is good for the environment. There is also other great points such as people will not want to hang out too much at your place because your tv sucks, there will be no rowdy marathon movie nights at your place because your tv sucks, and plenty more of *fill in the blanks* "because your tv sucks" reason lah. Good isn't it? Hahahaha!!!!

Well, I guess it's personal choice lah when it comes to all these stuff. Meanwhile I think I can still procrastinate on the plasma until mom makes so much noise because she can't follow up with her ASTRO soaps whenever she visits. Then, MAYBE I'll consider changing the TV...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dun hv assteruk oso. dun need them. terestial tv is entertaining enuf for both of us. besides, we hardly watch tv, mebbe catch the news and some of my fav csi/criminal minds on monday :) a book is gud too! so when can hv party in ur place ah :P

ginseng4desoul said...

Ya lah.. at last for the time being lor.. errr...party ah??? Mebbe going to Shenzen again wor... I party there lah... hehehehe!!!