Thursday, June 01, 2006

Water F**K???!!!!

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I can't believe that there is still no water at my apartment! How in God's name do they expect anyone to live? Before I go on lamenting about this whole issue, let me rewind back to yesterday morning. I was showerning and as I was finishing (Thank God!), I realised that the water pressure was waning. Before I knew it, there was hardly a trickle left, coming out from the shower rose. Nope, empty...zilt!

Anyway, got out, dressed and came out form my apartment and saw a couple of neighbors coming out with that same question in their faces. Anyway ,got back home at 7pm and found out that my taps were still dry. Checked my bills and found out that I had paid them... so, had to strike that possibility out. Anyway, I called the guard house (since our ever efficient management office closes at 5pm SHARP) and found out that there was a burst on the main pipe. Apparently, it was fixed and they had to wait for the glue to dry (Think about this.... glue, main water pipe... something's not right here). They said that water will be back on at 8pm. Some of my smarter neighbors had made earlier plans to go watch X-Men and then get back home on time to have their taps flowing again. Why didn't I think of that? Sigh...

Anyway, I've decided to have my satay dinner in front of the idiot box . After all, 8pm is only 40 minutes away. I could live with that.

8.15pm comes, and still no liquid out from the taps. Called the security people again. They said that it's been postponed to 10pm. Hmmm.. I spent a whole day at work, now I've sticky fingers from satay grease and NO WATER!!!!

At 10pm, security decided that it's to late for anyone to work, so too bad, no water till tomorrow. Now, being tired, uncomfortable and stuck with icky fingers did not help me out on my patients and mood. Slammed down the phone and decided that I will be taking a communal shower at the swimming pool changing rooms. Talk about COMMUNITY LIVING! This has got to be the epitome of gated lifestyle. At this moment, I also realised that my neighbor's plans backfired as well. Poor people!

Well, got the grim off and walked the entire green mile back to my "cell," hoping that my most basic luxury will be restored the next day.

Next morning, the taps were still dry! Nope, the management decided that we have to suffer a couple more hours. It's almost 7pm now.... and there is STILL NO WATER!!!! WATER F**K???!!! Are they trying to systematically kill all of us in our block????? AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

No comments: