Friday, October 13, 2006

Double standard

Nothing irks me more nowadays than to read about the ever growing prominence of double standards in this country. With the current public declaration of marginalising non-Bumi's and public outcry of racial remarks, I can't help but to feel that there is nothing left to be proud of in this country. The latest news stating that some State Chief Minister defending the rights that it is not wrong to implement that only Bumi companies are allowed to supply stationeries and photocopier rentals to the government has certainly cross the line of racial harmony. They're given everything from major govt. projects and highway concessions to discounts and priority on housing. All laid down on a silver platter. So, what's next? Why not adopt a further degrading and marginalising policy that will not allow non-Bumi's salary to be more than the Bumi's! Maybe, the Mat Rempit's despatch salary should be revised to say, RM15,000 per month to compensate their dangerous and death defying acts on the road, while we, non-bumi's will slog and work our ass off for our honest to goodness RM500 per month lah!

Honestly, I don't care if anyone would want to kill me for saying this. After all, this ARE my private thoughts. The policies in this country not only goes against human rights stipulated by the United Nation, but it gives out a signal of self mockery by advertising on how incapable these people are without the help of the govt. If there are going to be strong opposition to my statements, then WHY are the non-Bumi's faring much better even with little or no help from the govt? I used to abhor feelings like this and thought that I live in the best country ever because there were little we see in each other's race or religion. They were more of an excuse to celebrate each other's festivities. We had fun then. Now, we have Ulama's saying that it is against their religion to "celebrate" festivities together. Why don't they just pack their belongings and move into a cave or something??!!!

I was nurtured from young by my parents on not to rely on our govt for a helping hand, because I don't stand a chance on that piece of pie anyway. I didn't turn out the way I am from their teachings. Rather, I saw with my own eyes how disappointed my father was, as a govt servant, working hard for 29 years, and seeing his Bumi juniors climbing one after another over him with promotions just because they are of the "right" race.

My recent inquiry for a certain license required to run an extension of my business requires a 51% bumi quota. WTF??? I have to hire additional redundant staff of the "right" race just to meet the quota so that I can serve my customers better??? What a bunch of bull crap!

I dread to see the future nowadays. I weep for our future generations who are learning how to hate because some people are not of the right color, race or religion. They are learning this very moment from their parents, teachers and leaders. No wonder we are never near our neighboring country's progress despite all the money dumped in for infrastructure. If the govt is allowing this to happen, soon, segregation of race for schools, malls and even cinemas could be inevitable. Then, let's ALL live in the past of apartheid glory and unleash the Klu Klux Klan doctrine. I'm sure we will all prosper! BAH!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

y else wld the professionals not come back to serve the country? y else do we decide to migrate to other countries? the gomen is bullshitting when they said msia does not practise double standard. mr lee from across the bridge made a fact. the country wl never prosper the way we want it too, shld such double standards continue... cos the "minority" r sick of listening to crap and wld rather move elsewhere.

ginseng4desoul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.